Customer Notification System.

acv acv at miniguru.ca
Wed Feb 22 16:46:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 08:34:49AM -0800, JC Dill wrote:

> 99.999% of the time there is absolutely no benefit in the attachment.
> But by pushing customers to open attachments to get the content we are
> encouraging them to be complacent about opening all attachments, and
> that's a great way to end up getting infected with malware.

I agree whole heartedly. If the Marketing/Sales folks are stuck up on branding,
I'd explore sending a MIME multipart/alternative with branded HTML and a
plain text version with no degradation of actual content. And keep the whole
thing under 25-30KB total. Creating them is pretty easy with perl MIME::Lite.

Alex