Customer Notification System.

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Wed Feb 22 03:39:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM, James Wininger <jwininger at ifncom.net> wrote:
> We are a smaller ISP in Indiana. We are growing quite rapidly (yeah for
> us). We have a need for a customer notification system. We have simply
> out grown the ability to send emails to our customers manually. We need
> to have a better way of notifying our customers of maintenance etc.

Seconding the earlier recommendation, mailchimp is a great tool.  Good
interface aside, there is strong operational benefit to being able to
issue notices completely "out of band".

> We would need to send notifications out to say about 400 customers.
> Ideally the system would send an attached PDF [...]

If you're going to do this, please be sure to send a copy of the
notice inline as plain text too.  Your customers on smartphones, using
assistive technology, or automatically piping vendor notices into
calendaring/ticketing systems will thank you.  :-)

HTH,
-a