WW: Colo Vending Machine

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Mon Feb 20 17:55:07 UTC 2012

In a message written on Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 09:51:59AM -0800, Joel jaeggli wrote:
> Things with legacy ports on them are on the way out. given an ipmi
> manager that doesn't suck there should be no reason to connect to the
> machine at all, to console in. the rats nest is a lot more tractable
> when there is ethernet and power and nothing else.

This reminded me of another gizmo I'd like to have...

How about a Bluetooth to Serial adapter?  Routers don't (yet) have
iLO, but I have this fantasy about being able to walk into a colo
with a handfull of small adapters that I simply plug on to consoles
and then sit down with my laptop and can access all the serial ports
without having to run cables.

Talk about eliminating the rat's nest....