Colo Vending Machine

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 05:38:26 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Astrodog <astrodog at gmail.com> wrote:
> This gives me an idea. The vending machine could also sell hosting.
> Sometimes, the box just won't come back to life and you need somewhere
> to stuff the data. *grin*

How about a vending machine, where you insert a hard drive, swipe your card,
and it either gets vaulted to S3 or an EC2 intance is spawned on the
cloud, and the data on the drive becomes the instance's boot media and
gets streamed to the instance storage over a 10-gigabit connection
from the vending machine,  until all the data's uploaded.

That solves the problem of end users getting their data to the hosting
provider quickly, with no need to stress out their low-speed WAN.

--
-JH