WW: Colo Vending Machine

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Feb 18 00:09:03 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Aled Morris" <aledm at qix.co.uk>

> On 17 February 2012 18:43, Eric Tykwinski <eric-list at truenet.com>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 for GBICs, SFPs

> You'll need to be carrying a lot of loose change then :-)

In fact, vending machines with builtin card readers and radio credit card
validation are stock items these days.

> My ideal vending machine would dispense Cat5e by the foot, the more you
> pull the more you pay, RJ45 plugs in pairs, and a crimp tool on a long
> chain (like the way you buy chain in a hardware store)

"in pairs" is nice; chained crimper -- or more likely "we'll authorize your
card for $60; if you give us back the crimper, we'll only settle for $5".

Not sure how much trouble "cable by the foot" would be, but I like it.

Cheers,
-- jra