Common operational misconceptions

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Feb 17 06:41:43 UTC 2012

I believe he understands just fine. However, his point (and I agree with him) is that
if you are behind NAT, it isn't full end-to-end functionality, even if it does allow some
degraded form of end-to-end connectivity with significant limitations which are not
present in the absence of NAT.

"I can't use your address" is inherent in the network.
"I can't use whatever port number I want on my side of the connection" is not.

Owen