time sink 42

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Feb 16 21:33:38 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> said:
> is there a trick?  is there a (not expensive) different labeling machine
> or technique i should use?

Like others, I use a Brother P-Touch with TZ tapes with a split down the
middle.  However, the last couple of tapes had splits that weren't cut
quite right, and they wouldn't peel easily.

What I usually do in that case (or with non-split tape) is to curl the
end of the tape across the blade of my pocket knife.  The tape and the
backing curl differently, so this makes it easy to then get the blade of
the knife between the tape and the backing and separate them.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>