Common operational misconceptions

Aftab Siddiqui aftab.siddiqui at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 06:20:37 UTC 2012

Some recent questions from interview and lab sessions I took.

- I've allowed vlan X on trunk but still its not working? why do I have to
create it on every switch?
- any-any rules on firewall with AV enabled is better.
- ACL inboud/outbout misconcept. Always end up cutting the rope.
- BGP is for ISPs only.
- MPLS is for security and is fast.

Regards,

Aftab A. Siddiqui