Common operational misconceptions

Mark Grigsby mark at pcinw.net
Wed Feb 15 21:26:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Kenneth M. Chipps Ph.D.
<chipps at chipps.com>wrote:

> Keep the discussion on the list. I would like to know as well.
>
> Kenneth M. Chipps Ph.D.

 I don't know how many times I have "Network Administrators" ask questions
like this...
Speaking in the context of configuring an ipsec tunnel..

    "I have my side built. Can you lock your side down to a specific
protocol? Our sets his device to TCP 104. Makes it nice for me when I set
my ACLs."

I am pretty sure that he meant protocol TCP and Port 104, but I do grind my
teeth when I have to go show them that a specific protocol number means
something completely different than what they were asking.

--
Mark Grigsby
Network Operations Manager