Dear RIPE: Please don't encourage phishing

Sven Olaf Kamphuis sven at cb3rob.net
Sun Feb 12 19:15:28 UTC 2012

> That's why I recommend that banks et.al. don't put *any* URLs in their
> messages.  If they make this an explicit policy and pound it into the
> heads of their customers that ANY message containing a URL is not from
> them, and that they should always use their bookmarks to get to the
> bank's site, then they're training their customers to be phish-resistant.

they do, and the next thing you know, someone in marketing sends out an
email with an url -anyway-.

considering the fact that banks don't seem to like to be contacted by
emails nor get replies (noreply at ...) i'd strongly suggest them not to use
crappy obsolete SMTP at all but rather present the users with their
messages they don't want to distribute by paper mail -after- logging into
their online banking system, where they can use all the html, links, flash
*kuch* etc they want.