Dear RIPE: Please don't encourage phishing

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Fri Feb 10 23:46:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 09:37:01AM -0800, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> Remind me again why we live in this sad word Randy (correcly) described?

Because banks and many other institutions have prioritized all-singing,
all-dancing, bloated, horribly-badly-marked-up HTML email with
"stationary" and logos and pictures and web bugs far, FAR ahead of
security, privacy, accessability, portability and other -ilities that
I'm too lazy to enumerate just now.  Besides: it's not like it's *their*
accounts that will get hosed or *their* money that will get lost.
Things like that only happen to the little people.

See also this related note:

	http://www.mail-archive.com/infowarrior%40attrition.org/msg08436.html

---rsk