IPv6 explicit BGP group configs

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Wed Feb 8 17:33:17 UTC 2012

On 08-02-12 17:59, keith tokash wrote:
> I'm prepping an environment for v6 and I'm wondering what, if
>  any, benefit there is to splitting v4 and v6 into separate groups.
> We're running Junipers and things are fairly neat and ordered; we have
> multiple links to a few providers in many sites, so we group them and
> apply the policies at the group level.  We could stick the new v6
> neighbors into the same group and apply the policies at the neighbor
> level, or create new groups (i.e. Level3 and Level3v6).

Sometimes we have the same group for v4 and v6, but in most cases we
have different ones. One of the basic reasons is different max-pref setting.

Most policies can be used in two address families, you can also match
prefixes, but you cannot have v4 and v6 prefixes in one term. So in your
policies you have to have at least two terms - one for v4 prefixes, one
for v6 prefixes.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka