Switch and router

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Feb 7 14:04:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Ann Kwok wrote:

> Thank you for your help
>
> But we can't increase the pipe as we are using 10G switch.
>
> The congestion happens when the traffic is using 7G
>
> Any idea?
>
> In addition, how to determine the congestion happens in router or switch.

Different manufacturers and platforms have different ways of indicating
the presence of congestion.  Some will not explicitly report it, so you
end up having to go back and look at performance statistics on your devices
(per-interface traffic, overall traffic and/or traffic per ASIC group,
CPU/memory/buffer utilization, link errors, overruns, etc).

Whichever manufacturers you use will likely have lots of resources
available through their websites/support channels for troubleshooting
congestion.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a guess that Ann = Deric,
using a different address?

jms