Super Sunday

Michael Painter tvhawaii at shaka.com
Mon Feb 6 00:59:46 UTC 2012

Jay Ashworth wrote:
> What, no whacky weekend thread?
>
> NBC and the NFL are, for the first time, televising the Super Bowl and its
> preshow on the Internet... using a Silverlight app (so I hope you Linux people
> don't enjoy football).
>
> It's supposed to be available to tablets too, as a second-screen cast with
> selectable angles and such, but Verizontal has an exclusive on mobile, so the
> target page should bounce cellphones, unless a) they lie or b) they weren't
> smart enough to IP block the carrier ranges.
>
>  http://mashable.com/2012/02/04/watch-super-bowl-xlvi-online/
>
> It will be interesting to see how this works out.
>
> Enjoy the game.  Especially if you have a Big Wall to watch it on.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jr 'we want pictures' a

Halftime observations from 72.253.0.0/16:

On Vizio 37" 1080p display:
Local NBC affiliate via off-air antenna= flawless 720p picture.
Local NBC affiliate re-broadcast via Dish Network=flawless 1080i picture.
Local NBC affiliate re-broadcast via DirecTV Network=flawless 1080i picture.

On Samsung 23" 1080p monitor via Dell 2.8GHz GX270 with 7Mbps down:
Low resolution (appears to be less than VHS), sometimes jerky, picture.