[#135346] Unauthorized BGP Announcements (follow up to Hijacked

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Feb 3 12:59:30 UTC 2012

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> writes:

> well, not exactly.  to quote myself from the other week in another forum
>
> [ 30 lines deleted ]
>
> Sorry to drone on, but these three really need to be differentiated.

The truly wonderful thing about the evolution of BGP security is its
elegant simplicity.  It is good to know that the barriers to entry for
the IRR system (templates, objects, "Dear Colleague" emails from the
auto-dbm robot, etc) have been eradicated in favor of simple,
easy-to-understand and maintain maintain digital certificate chains.
I predict epic uptake the likes of which we haven't seen since I filed
my last NACR.

-r