not excactly on-topic Server Cabinet question

Erik Amundson Erik.Amundson at oati.net
Thu Feb 2 05:05:09 UTC 2012

I apologize for this being off-topic in the NANOG list, but I'm hoping some of you have experience with the particulars of what I'm looking for...

I am looking for a server cabinet which has an electric latching mechanism on it.  I want to use my existing security system and proximity card reader, but have a cabinet door that would open when the card reader is read.

Does anyone sell anything like this?

I've looked into Rittal, APC, Hoffman, Wrightline (now Eaton), Knurr (via Liebert/Emerson), Middle Atlantic, and Panduit.  So far, nothing.

Any suggestions?  Feel free to reply off-list.

- Erik