AS8300 - Swisscom hijacking.. Just what are you testing?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Feb 1 22:12:36 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-01 22:44 , Schiller, Heather A wrote:

> AS8300 started announcing one of the Rove Digital dns changer IP ranges.
[..]
> I searched around and couldn't find any mention of what they might be testing.  Anyone know?

They do internal aggregation of common prefixes to keep their internal
tables small, see for instance this rather old preso:

http://www.swinog.ch/meetings/swinog7/BGP_filtering-swinog.ppt

These prefixes should of course not be leaked outside their own network.

I would say, kick them either directly (yell offlist if you want direct
contacts) or spam the SwiNOG list and you will get a response quickly too.

Greets,
 Jeroen