really facebook?

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:25:36 UTC 2012

Very common.  Most Verizon Wireless data traffic on modern phones is
backhauled to one or more mobile IP home agents based in a few cities.
You'll typically see similar geolocation difficulties on their network for
IPv4 too.  They have another one in Texas, and another one in a different
location I can't remember.  This behavior plus related IP assignment
practices has resulted in ineffective geolocation, often even on a regional
level.

Many mobile phone apps use more than just IP for geolocation though, which
is much more effective.

It's also worth noting that IPV6 geolocation support is quite primitive at
this moment, but in this particular case its not what the problem is.