why haven't ethernet connectors changed?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 24 12:53:26 UTC 2012

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:07:16 -0700, Wayne E Bouchard said:

> They serve quite well until I get to a switch that some douchebag
> mounted rear facing on the front posts of the rack with servers above
> and below and I just stand there cursing for a while as I scratch my
> head trying to figure out how the hell to even get to the tab in the
> first place...

Has anybody ever seen this with a switch that's 2U or thicker? I've
only seen it perpetrated with 1U switches, a situation that usually
results in my lapsing into Russian....

(For the record, my knowledge of Russian is limited to those words that
Latvian carpenters reserve for hammers that aim at thumbs. :)