why haven't ethernet connectors changed?

Wayne E Bouchard web at typo.org
Sun Dec 23 01:07:16 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:50:52AM -0600, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> On 12/21/12, Naslund, Steve <SNaslund at medline.com> wrote:
> > I have noticed that too.  However it is not the RJ-45 connector's fault.
> > It is the morons that insist on recessing connectors in places where you
> > can't get your finger on the tab.  I like the patch cords that have the
>
> Likely any connector with a latching retention mechanism requiring a
> manual release will have this kind of problem in space-constrained
> situations.    A small flat edge screwdriver, spudger, or similar
> instrument  can work wonders,  since they are much longer than
> fingers.

Usually car keys are what are most readily at hand for me. :)

They serve quite well until I get to a switch that some douchebag
mounted rear facing on the front posts of the rack with servers above
and below and I just stand there cursing for a while as I scratch my
head trying to figure out how the hell to even get to the tab in the
first place...

-Wayne

---
Wayne Bouchard