JunOS IPv6 announcements over IPv4 BGP

David Swafford david at davidswafford.com
Sat Dec 22 02:50:24 UTC 2012

One reason that may force others down this track comes from exceeding
the # of configurable BGP sessions on a box (think chassis switches).
It does add a good bit of complexity in the initial roll-out  but it's
really not all that bad once you get used to it.  The one piece that
seems to make it a little easier is that you get a consolidated view
on some devices, where the prefix counts are shown for both address
families under the same "show ip bgp neighbor" display.

david.