why haven't ethernet connectors changed?

Brandt, Ralph ralph.brandt at pateam.com
Fri Dec 21 23:50:57 UTC 2012

Steve, something I hadn't thought about is the fiber mess. I see that in
other areas as I mentioned in another answer.

In the fiber world it is a continuous
issue of hybrid patch cords dealing with ST,SC,LC and all the other
variants out there.  It would be a huge nightmare if the same thing
happened with copper Ethernet.

Ralph Brandt