why haven't ethernet connectors changed?

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Fri Dec 21 20:37:02 UTC 2012

I have noticed that too.  However it is not the RJ-45 connector's fault.
It is the morons that insist on recessing connectors in places where you
can't get your finger on the tab.  I like the patch cords that have the
kind of loop/spring thing for a tab that does not catch on everything
and that way you don't need the boot over the tab.  Another pet peeve of
mine is connector boots that harden up over time so it is nearly
impossible to flex the tab to remove the cable.  Also, how about the 48
port 6500 blades and trying to remove the cables near the blade
extraction tabs.  Grrrr.

Steven Naslund