why haven't ethernet connectors changed?

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 20:00:08 UTC 2012

On 21 December 2012 18:22, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> I will say that one nice thing about having different connectors for
> different protocols (on consumer devices anyway) is that you don't have
> to worry about somebody plugging the Internet into the "Video 1" port
> and wondering why they aren't getting a picture.

I do agree but I also think that for HDMI Ethernet your TV (which is the
device with lots of HDMI sockets) will act as an Ethernet switch, so there
shouldn't be any "Ethernet enabled" vs. "Video Enabled" ports.

Now of course that means you probably need Spanning Tree in your domestic
appliances.

Aled