JunOS IPv6 announcements over IPv4 BGP

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Dec 21 19:45:38 UTC 2012

On Dec 21, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> I've got a peer who wishes me to send my IPv6 announcements over IPv4 BGP.
> I'm running around in circles with JTAC trying to find out how to do this
> in JunOS.  Does anyone have a snippet they can send me?

I would say don't do this.  You are likely to experience software defects that are unique to this configuration which IMHO is far less common than a peer per v4/v6 transport.  It will also show they aren't doing any 'kinky' engineering to get you IPv6.  While some folks may disagree, the ability to connect you to an edge device that does dual-stack will provide you better service.

- Jared