Check Point Firewall Appliances

Yuri Slobodyanyuk yuri at yurisk.info
Fri Dec 21 07:33:58 UTC 2012

Having a love-and-hate relationship with Checkpoint firewalls after working
for 6 years daily with them I am
probably biased :), but will say they are great firewalls once you know to
work with them .
If you are completely new to it I'd recommend Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE from
accredited APT course as the shortest path ,
Alternatives:
- CBT Nuggets CCSA course , but last time I checked it was for NGX R65 that
is substantially
  different from current versions, only if you can get it really cheap
- Documentation from Checkpoint site (freely available to everyone) is the
start-all end-all source (I did it
this way) takes time but in the end you will have a through understanding
of the product
- Online is a good place once you know the basics. If, on the other hand,
you don't know to do manual port-forwarding , Google will only suck your
time. But for problems/inconsistencies/debug :
   http://cpug.org - Independent forum where you can always find advice
from many knowledgeable and helpful folks ;
   http://www.cpshared.com/forums/ Same goes here - people who can
configure route-based VPNs with policy-based routing with closed eyes hang
around here
   https://forums.checkpoint.com/ Official support forums from Checkpoint,
less active than 2 above

HTH