why haven't ethernet connectors changed?

Kurt kurt at idb-sys.com
Thu Dec 20 18:35:45 UTC 2012

If you've ever dealt with connections like micro-usb on a day-in-day out
plugging and unplugging at not quite head on connections, you know how bad
this can be on a hardwired connection.  With very few exceptions, its very
difficult to have an rj45 go in any way but the way its designed to (well
you can, but you have to try reeeeeeeally hard).

Add onto it that any replacement would be caught in enough intellectual
property rights junk to price it into oblivion and would either require tons
of adapters to make it work with legacy hardware (defeat the purpose), or
would require replacing all of that legacy hardware entirely.