Fiber only in DataCenters?

James Wininger jwininger at ifncom.net
Mon Dec 17 17:01:15 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Looking for input from "providers" as well as "consumers" of data center space and facilities. Specifically speaking to the types of available physical cross connects.

Are there data centers out there that are "fiber only"? That is to say that the cross connects are fiber only and no copper cross connects are available?

I understand that fiber is great and all, but to my knowledge there are a lot of folks still using and needing copper cross connects. Am I wrong?
--

Jim