btw, the itu imploded

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sun Dec 16 20:20:57 UTC 2012

On 12/14/2012 12:32 PM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> I don't forsee this debate dying any time soon.

What some of us have been saying since at least 2003 (if not earlier) is
that it will _never_ die. Free speech, and the opportunities that an
open Internet provide to the people who live in repressed regimes are
the most dangerous things in the world to said regimes, and they will do
everything in their power to eliminate them.

I'm certain that most of you have already noticed how cutting off the
Internet is now on page 1 of every country's list of "Things to do when
there is an uprising ..."

Doug