Re: VIDEO: Mitigating DDoS Attacks: Best Practices for an Evolving Threat Landscape – NYC 12/5 #DDoS

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sun Dec 16 20:18:51 UTC 2012

It has  been pointed out to me ( Thanks Yuri!) that I screwed up the url
for the AMARA translation page for this, it is
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en-gb/videos/lvgGlpwZR0lA/info/mitigating-ddos-attacks-best-practices-for-an-evolving-threat-landscape/#video

If I may say a bit more.about captioning in general... The Internet Society
recently produced a paper 'Moving
Forward<http://www.internetsociety.org/doc/internet-accessibility-internet-use-persons-disabilities-moving-forward>'
on the importance of increasing our efforts on accessibility, and
another 'Local
Content <http://www.internetsociety.org/localcontent>' on how important
language is in fostering the growth of the Internet. Video captioning is
one area where everyone, via crowd-sourcing, can easily contribute, given
the tools. AMARA is just such a tool. It's a simple 4 step process. Type,
sync, info, and check. One can do as much/little as one can and then leave
it for someone else to pick up and continue.  It's a practice we can, and
should, all learn.