Solutions for DoS & DDoS

Damian Menscher damian at google.com
Sun Dec 16 01:34:44 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Yuri Slobodyanyuk <yuri at yurisk.info> wrote:

> - If speaking of web/email services - hosted solution is viable to some
> degree (e..g Amazon AWS Cloudfront, Google Apps, CDNs etc) . IT is not a
> DEDICATED hosted solution against DDOS, so be prepared for the provider to
> shut down the client if the attack gets heavy enough

While Google's business isn't DDoS mitigation, we do see plenty of attacks
on user content we host (Google Hosted Services backed by Blogger, App
Engine, or other properties) and it's generally not a problem (thinking
back over the past few years I can't remember ever terminating a victim).
 Happy to host more victims, as the attacks provide good (if unplanned)
load tests. ;)  Send me an email if you want to discuss special needs, and
I'll let you know how we might be able to help.

Damian