Advisory — D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 16:52:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 04:42:46PM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 13/12/2012 22:54, Jason Castonguay wrote:
> > Advisory — D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.
>
> You've just given 3 weeks notice for a component change in one of the few
> critical part of the Internet's infrastructure, at a time when most

I think that /was/ the advance notification - you've got 6 months :)

 "The old address will continue to work for at least six months
  after the transition, but will ultimately be retired from
  service."

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>