RADB entry

Eric Krichbaum eric at telic.us
Tue Dec 11 13:31:22 UTC 2012

While not 100% accurate, it is very common.  The origin being entered by a
provider as their own allows them to add the prefix (and have it accepted by
anyone who filters them by prefix generated) without being forced to add a
downstream (and downstream's downstreams) AS to their AS-SET.  In general,
if an entity does their own IRR somewhere, I'd guess that the correct
AS-SET/etc. should be accepted easily and used.  This is just a shortcut for
providers when a customer says "Add this prefix for me please".

Eric