Possibly a little OT, has spam in theme

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sun Dec 9 16:39:06 UTC 2012

What is nifty.com? Is it legitimate? The web page is in Chinese.

I noticed they were trying to do a lot of connects to our mail servers
but were in the block list and seem to have been for years.

So I opened it up because fool that I am I like to believe people mend
their ways.

It instantly began flooding us with spam, lottery-office at whatever,
dictionary attacks, that kind of thing.

So I blocked them again. I've never had a customer complaint about
this block.

It's making me lose faith in humanity, a little.

Totally gratuitous internet governance snark:

  And they're meeting in Dubai because some countries believe they can
  be the new sheriff in town? HAH! We've got a hundred million
  teenagers with whiskey and loaded shotguns roaming the landscape and
  they think it's just a matter of showing a little authority from
  people with snappy new uniforms...good luck with that buckaroos!

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada