Why do some providers require IPv6 /64 PA space to have public whois?

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 06:20:05 UTC 2012

On 12/7/12, Constantine A. Murenin <mureninc at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

It seems you have an issue with the automated  system of one provider
in your RIR service region.    This is unusual,  I think;  for the
provider to not ask  what  NIC handle,  or WHOIS detail  should be
listed for an assignment.
 I would suggest calling up the provider,  and  attempt to work out a
solution with them   where you get a /64,  and the contact you want
listed in WHOIS.

The  provider suballocating a block of  IP addresses,  can obviously
apply additional policy to them  --  such as  additional  requirements
on what is shown in WHOIS.

However, you can pick a different provider if necessary......

--
-J