Six Strike Rule (Was: William was raided...)

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Thu Dec 6 19:54:40 UTC 2012

If you are a facilities based broadband provider in the US you have to
comply with CALEA.  There is no "coming to some agreement", you have a
legal obligation to comply.  No more, and no less.  You don't have to
comply with requests from agencies other than law enforcement under
CALEA but you may need to under other requirements such as DMCA.  You
should know what the minimum legal requirements are and if you don't
want to do more than that, fine.  However, you could get a court order
telling you to do almost anything and it would be expensive and
potentially put you in contempt not to comply with them.  I am not a
lawyer but dealt with these requirements for years on the job.

Steven Naslund