China Telecom VPN problems (again)

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Wed Dec 5 15:50:41 UTC 2012

We tried to get our VPN work from the China Telecom/China Unicom beijing
POP for over a year. The Chinese always claimed it was kosher, but we had
something like 60%+ loss across our 4 hop VPN for the entirety of the
project. Private circuits don't really exist on the mainland, HK and
(maybe) Shanghai are about the only places for decent connectivity. :/