Legal Crap [was: William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.]

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sat Dec 1 19:18:20 UTC 2012

On 12/1/2012 11:01 AM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> Anyone, including people off the street, can have opinions about the
> Law, and opinions about networks.     Would you be willing to rely
> some  stranger off the street,  with no qualifications, or positive
> background whatsoever,   to start recommending a new network design,

quite possibly.  strangers off the street sometimes demonstrate superior
insight than credentialed 'experts'.  not typically, of course, but
sometimes.

an essential point is how much work i want to do to assess the
credibility of the comments from either source.

folks who rely on their credentials for credibility tend to lose it with
me.  anyone who makes a point by clearly providing a solid basis for it
tends to gain it.

but i agree that clarity about the purpose of this thread would be
helpful...

d/
--
  Dave Crocker