Redundant Routes, BGP with MPLS provider

Bill.Ingrum at t-systems.com Bill.Ingrum at t-systems.com
Fri Aug 31 16:21:16 UTC 2012

I think having a GRE tunnel for the internal routing protocol is
unnecessary.  Can you explain the reasoning behind this?  I understand
the technical issue whereby GRE will allow multicast for EIGRP, OSPF,
etc, but why not just redistribute into BGP?

I work on a lot of MPLS CE routers, and in general you can accomplish
anything you need by redistributing your internal routing protocol into
BGP, and adjusting LP, MED and AS Prepend as needed.

Thanks,

Bill