MTU mismatch on one link

Blake Pfankuch blake at pfankuch.me
Fri Aug 31 14:04:26 UTC 2012

I was actually typing an email about this as well when this one showed up.  I ran into this with a customer about 2 weeks back with a single are ospf implementation.  They had one of their routers configured at MTU 1492 and I completely spaced this.  Lost about a half an hour of my life to this.

This Cisco article gives a good bit of information about it as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f0d.shtml