Regarding smaller prefix for hijack protection

Arturo Servin arturo.servin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:08:01 UTC 2012

	Or better.

	Sign your prefixes and create ROAs to monitor any suspicious activity.

	There is an app for that:

http://bgpmon.net
Besides the normal service you can use also RPKI data to trigger alarms of possible hijacks

http://www.labs.lacnic.net/rpkitools/looking_glass/
You can query periodically with a simple curl/wget to see if your prefix is valid or invalid (possibly hijacked), e.g. http://www.labs.lacnic.net/rpkitools/looking_glass/rest/all/cidr/200.7.84.0/23

	Polluting the routing table to protect against hijacks should be the last option and against an attack that is happening, and not for "just in case".

Regards,
/as