Regarding smaller prefix for hijack protection

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 12:00:27 UTC 2012

You might find your /24 routes filtered out at a lot of places that do
have sensible route filtering

But then yes, it'd protect you against the idiots who dont know bgp
from a hole in the ground anyway and let whatever hijacking happen

But I'd suggest do whatever such announcement if and only if you see a
hijack, as a mitigation measure.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)