Level 3 BGP Advertisements

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:00:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Nick Olsen <nick at flhsi.com> wrote:

> I hear you guys, It's done that way for a bit of traffic steering.
>
> If I could get away with just the aggregates I would, Trust me.
>
> Nick Olsen
> Network Operations (855) FLSPEED  x106

That should be unnessecary, the local prefs should already be winning as a
customer vs transit/peer for equal prefix length.

As an aside, generally inbound traffic steering as a reason for
disaggregation is fairly frowned upon by the community at large as it
effectively makes everyone else pay more in additional hardware cost for
your savings.

-Blake