AfPIF webcast

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Aug 26 18:15:02 UTC 2012

On 22/08/12 12:35, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
> Tom Hill <tom at ninjabadger.net> writes:
>
>> On 22/08/12 08:30, Joly MacFie wrote:
>>> Bill Norton is talking about the founding of nanog at the AfPIF right now
>>>
>>> Webcast http://bit.ly/isoctv
>>
>> I tune in, albeit 7-8 minutes later, and I'm apparently watching
>> Peering 101.
>>
>> Is the average age of the audience 5? 6?
>
> Peering 101 would seem appropriate given that AfPIF is the African
> Peering and Interconnection Forum.  It seems that a lot of the target
> audience might be regulatory types who've never heard this message
> before (peering *or* what grass-roots community-based groups can do
> for you).

TH: Nothing against the topic! Or the idea.

Improving the perception of peering in markets, that do not currently
peer widely, is no negative thing in my mind. I just think the delivery
was poor (counter-productive, even.)

I did feel sufficiently convinced that his tone was so overly
condescending (despite the 'entry level' topic), as to make a flippant
remark/dig about the presentation itself.

But I'm fairly sure no-one is too concerned as to what I think about it,
so I'll just be quiet next time. :)

Tom