Bird vs Quagga revisited (MP-BGP RR)

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Thu Aug 23 14:04:44 UTC 2012

> > Of those who have used Quagga or Bird, or anything else,
> > would either of them be appropriate and/or well suited for
> > use as an iBGP blackhole route server?

To expand the opinion set, how do Quagga, Bird, exaBGP, OpenBGPd hold up for
handling Multi-Protocol BGP Route Reflector duties in a BGP/MPLS environment
for a smaller ISP?  Quagga's documentation indicates that is does handle the
requirements.  Any one able to offer up real life experiences?  Or is it
better to handle in a physical router?  We being C based.

Ray.

believed to be clean.