NANOG poll: favorite cable labeler?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Aug 22 03:36:47 UTC 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 18:10 , "Robert E. Seastrom" <rs at seastrom.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Many moons ago I worked in a place where we had a Brady LS2000 wire
> labeler.  So long as the supplies were fresh it was great.
>
> In the storage unit I have a Brady TLS2200.  Supplies are expensive,
> but it works reasonably well.  Unfortunately the battery is shot
> (gotta replace that).
>
> It seems to me that as cheap as the Brother P-Touch type labelers have
> gotten that there might be some product by (Brady|Dymo|Brother|etc)
> that everyone uses and recommends these days which is (a) cheap enough
> that they can be deployed en masse rather than treated as a scarce
> resource, (b) hopefully runs on standard (such as AAA) battery types,
> and (c) has reasonably priced supplies.
>
> Labeling cables is mostly what I'm interested in.  The el-cheapo
> p-touch seems adequate to putting hostnames on machines.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -r

I'm still a big fan of the brady. The wrap-around self-laminating cable
labels are really hard to beat.

I don't even use the battery in mine... I just keep it plugged in to power.

A $15 universal power supply from your local Fry's will do the trick.

I don't know about the LS/TLS2200, mine is an IDEXPERT.

Owen