NANOG poll: favorite cable labeler?

R. Benjamin Kessler Ben.Kessler at zenetra.com
Wed Aug 22 03:16:14 UTC 2012

We use the Brady IDXPERT label makers to create the self-laminating cable labels and Brother P-Touch to label devices, etc.

The Brady label printers and supplies are a bit more expensive than the Brother but it's worth it for the cable labels.

The Brother supplies are available at most office supply stores so you don't have issues with running out of label tape in the middle of a project; several different colors are available, etc.

Both machines run in AA batteries (or AC wall-wort)

There are lots of cartridge options for the Brady printers that we haven't explored yet just because we've been using the Brother printers for far longer.

This dual-box approach has been working for us for many years but if I had to pick only one, I'd probably go with the Brady.

http://www.bradyid.com/bradyid/pfpv/Printers-and-Label-Makers~Portable-Label-Printers~IDXPERT%E2%84%A2-Labeling-Printers.html