Verizon's New Repair Method: Plastic Garbage Bags

David Scott dscott8201 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 20 19:38:01 UTC 2012

You misunderstand the engineering that went into this project.

1.  The black garbage bag was the original install.  It has served past the self life and has become outmoded.  You can clearly see the wind whipped ends that are to give it a nice cosmetic appeal.
	The plastic is breaking down and in dire need of replacing anyway, it is old.  THAT is why the failure returned.  I suspect if there is a 12 month history, you will see a similar issue in the past.
2.  The pink, NON-ESD bubble wrap is an UPGRADE.  It is approved for electronics use.   They spent some budget on this!  WAY more than the $.23 black bag.  Not as stylish though.

There was clear and concise thought that went into this .... "ahem"  repair.  THAT is what scares me more than anything.