Verizon's New Repair Method: Plastic Garbage Bags

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Aug 20 19:24:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Eric Wieling wrote:

> For a while we have had a customer with some lines which go down every
> time it rains.  We put in the trouble ticket, a couple of days later
> Verizon says the issue is resolved...until the next time it rains.
>
> The customer sent us some pictures today of the pole outside their
> office.  The repair appears to be wrapping some plastic bags around
> something up on the pole.  Here is link to the pictures the customer
> sent us, in case anyone in the mood for a good scare.
>
> http://rock.nyigc.net/verizon/

Shredded garbage bag(s) and pink bubble wrap...and some kind of tape.  As
if that wasn't scary enough, WTF is going on below that on the pole?  It
looks like some kind of cross connect box, but it's inside out and
exploded...or maybe just missing a cover and someone pulled all the cross
connects out to trace or make room to work.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |