Return two locations or low TTL [was: DNS caches that support partitioning ?]

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Aug 20 10:49:44 UTC 2012

On Aug 20, 2012, at 5:24 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> But I do not think returning multiple A records for multiple datacenters is as useful as lowering the TTL.

Some folks do this via various GSLB mechanisms which selectively respond with different records based on the assumed relative topological distance between the  querying resolver and various server/service instantiations in different locations.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton